Web Development Masterclass – Complete Certificate Course
Learn to setup virtual cloud servers and develop database-driven websites using the latest web technologies.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the essentials of Local and Wide Area Networks
- Setup a basic network.
- Register a domain name with Domain Privacy
- Forward a domain, renew and administer a domain
- Configure Nameservers and DNS Zone Files
- Create and Configure a Testing server on a Local Windows or MAC System.
- Configure a Production web server on popular cloud hosting platforms.
- Create disk backups and install disk images on a virtual server
- Setup Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine
- Install and configure WAMP for Windows
- Install and configure MAMP for MAC
- Administer a remote server using PuTTY or Terminal
- Proficiently navigate the Linode Virtual Server Dashboard
- Configure Security Settings on a Virtual Ubuntu Server
- Scale a virtual server up and down depending on needs
- Install LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, PhpMyAdmin) on a local and remote server
- Setup users and access privileges on an Ubuntu server
- Upload files using FileZilla FTP Client
- Create mobile responsive web applications using Bootstrap
- Create unique animated objects using jQuery
- Create and administer MySQL databases using PhpMyAdmin
- Create Web-based Login Authentication using PHP and MySQL
- Create the famous “Google Search Suggest” Feature using AJAX and PHP
- Create server and client-side validation algorithms for web forms.
- Use Google Apps for Work to set up a customized business email address
- Students will require an internet connection and a PC or MAC Computer System.
- Please note that all required downloads are free.
- Text Editors such as Text Wrangler (MAC) or Notepad++ (Windows)
- FileZilla FTP Client (Downloaded in Section 9).
- PuTTY and PuTTY Key GEN for Windows users (Downloaded in Section 8).
- WAMP Server for Windows Users and MAMP Server for MAC Users (Downloaded in Section 7).
- Tight VNC Viewer for Windows Users and RealVNC Viewer for MAC Users (Downloaded in Section 8).
Who this course is for:
- No prerequisite knowledge required
- Students interested in a career in web development
- Students interesting in starting a web based business
- Students who want to transition from basic shared, vps or dedicated hosting packages to sophisticated cloud hosting solutions
- Students wanting to update or learn new programming skills using the latest web scripting languages
- Web Development enthusiasts